Discuss boiler relocation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pauls

just after some pointers on a boiler relocation.

not seen the job yet off to view it tomorrow basicly they are haveing an extension the wall the boiler is on at the moment is going so it needs moving to another location.

any advice things i need to look out for etc and things customer should be made aware of.

i cant do the job yet im just waiting for my gas safe ticket to come through so i cant touch it itll then. so im just going to have a look price it etc.

if i get the job and when my ticket comes through this could be my first boiler job on my own:eek::D

just after some pointers on a boiler relocation.

not seen the job yet off to view it tomorrow basicly they are haveing an extension the wall the boiler is on at the moment is going so it needs moving to another location.

any advice things i need to look out for etc and things customer should be made aware of.

i cant do the job yet im just waiting for my gas safe ticket to come through so i cant touch it itll then. so im just going to have a look price it etc.

if i get the job and when my ticket comes through this could be my first boiler job on my own:eek::D

price up a replacement flue, what make boiler?

biggest headache is always the flue - watch your terminations, could add hundreds to the job if you get it wrong !!

not sure what boiler make is yet mark, wont see it till tomorrow i have thought about the flue but that was only getting it lined up to core through wall and fit to boiler again, didnt think about a replacement flue cheers.

biggest headache is always the flue - watch your terminations, could add hundreds to the job if you get it wrong !!

your getting me worried before i even start:eek::D but thanks for the advice

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure what boiler make is yet mark, wont see it till tomorrow i have thought about the flue but that was only getting it lined up to core through wall and fit to boiler again, didnt think about a replacement flue cheers.

they sometimes brake on removal,i remove a few, expansion vessel replacements if the customer does not want a remote one,priced a ferroli standard efficency flue for a f30 ÂŁ60!!! gone up a bit supply and demand

im hopeing to get this job it could be a good one for off the starter blocks if you know what i mean:D

dont be scared about the flue terminations, follow book rules and you'll be ok.
good luck

dont be scared about the flue terminations, follow book rules and you'll be ok.
good luck

im happy with flue termination places all the dimensions are still fresh in my head but i will have book to hand just to check but i am looking forward to doing it if i get it.

im just waiting for gas safe ticket to come through then im off

thanks for the pointers shaun all advice welcome and appreciated

Double check that any part that might need replacing are still available, a simple thing like a flue joint not being available could prevent you from completing the job, good luck with it, we all had to start somewhere.
Martin

lots of non condensing flues are now not available so check it out first id ring customer first to get make and model to be getting info now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler relocation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock