Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler receiver wiring - Danfoss RX1 in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

It used to work.
But the wire got tugged and pulled all the connectors out (except the grey one, that's still in the correct place).
I tried to wire it up again in the below pic but the hot water isn't coming on. Boiler is a Grant Vortex Pro External 26kW oil combi.
Since the below pics have been taken I have upped the pressure to 1.25, still doesn't work.
my rewiring of the receiver:
20220720_170110.jpg
the boiler lights up, but when I run the hot water it doesn't fire up and remains cold:
20220721_085547.jpg
when I hit the service switch the boiler fires up and seems fine:
20220721_085712.jpg
What could have gone wrong here? Have I fried something inside the boiler? How should I troubleshoot this? It's a new boiler...

Attachments

• 20220721_085102.jpg
    20220721_085102.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220721_085342.jpg
    20220721_085342.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 12
Leave the front off the rx1 so just the base plate is shown what does the boiler do ?

Leave the front off the rx1 so just the base plate is shown what does the boiler do ?
I'm just not sure what else to try. I'm not even sure if this wiring is right and the fitter won't get back in touch with me. The boiler fires up if I hit the test switch. I don't want to turn the central heating on cause its a new boiler and theres crud in the radiators.

nothing, it doesn't fire up when I run the hot water. Only light on the boiler is the Power one.

Try putting the black with the browns does hw work then ?

Also why is there crud in the rads ?

Try putting the black with the browns does hw work then ?

Also why is there crud in the rads ?
The rads have never been flushed or had fernox. The house is mostly plastic 10mm pipework that was botched by a cowboy plumber. A lot of it needs to be completely repiped. I just don't want to risk damaging the new boiler. I will but the black with the browns now. thank you. oh also its a single channel receiver when apparently it should've been a dual channel, that was bodged too.

That’s easy enough if you want to swap to a dual channel programmer

Black is hot water
Grey heating
Brown lives
Blue neutral
Green earths

As someone trying to gain more knowledge and not understanding oil boilers, how does a single channel programmer (assuming for heating) bring on hot water? Or was it wired up incorrectly?

As someone trying to gain more knowledge and not understanding oil boilers, how does a single channel programmer (assuming for heating) bring on hot water? Or was it wired up incorrectly?

Hot water always on with oil combis it’s ideal / beneficial to have it timed to save oil eg not heating in the middle of the night / when no one’s in

Reply to Boiler receiver wiring - Danfoss RX1 in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock