Discuss Boiler pressure (and short cycle) issue - not just EV in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Bit of an update... Insurance send out third guy. This guy knows his stuff. Checks the EV pressure properly (by dropping system pressure first) - it's 2.5 bar! Yes, first guy had charged the EV to 2.5 bar. And second guy had lied when he said he'd checked it. So third guy drops EV pressure to just over 1 bar and tops up system to 1.5 bar. And now, touch wood, looks like system is stabilised to 1.5 bar and problem solved.

Anyone had any experience of super-over-pressurising EVs? Apart from the obvious danger, I'd guess over-pressurising could show exactly the same symptoms as having no pressure, as when over-pressurised, no water can get in?

If EV has no pre charge pressure, if charged to 1.5bar, might just rise to slightly < than 3.0bar when hot, if pre charged to 2.5 bar and even if "only" charged to 1.5 bar, then again sailing very close to 3.0 bar when hot and will possibly exceed it and lift the PRV.

If EV has no pre charge pressure, if charged to 1.5bar, might just rise to slightly < than 3.0bar when hot, if pre charged to 2.5 bar and even if "only" charged to 1.5 bar, then again sailing very close to 3.0 bar when hot and will possibly exceed it and lift the PRV.
Thanks John. Perfect. Much appreciated.

Reply to Boiler pressure (and short cycle) issue - not just EV in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock