Discuss Boiler only runs for 35 seconds every 4 minutes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TORMULA

Still having problems with my heating.

The boiler is only firing up for about 35 - 40 seconds every 3 - 4 minutes.

Its not exactly the same everytime sometimes its 45 seconds.

Its been fine for the past few days but today has started playing up again. The result of this is that the rads only get luke warm.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Its a Potterton Suprima 50L about 6 years old.

Other posts seem to suggest the pcb as it indicates "Boiler Temperature Control Satisfied'

Is there a way of testing the sensor? and is there an easy way of telling what version pcb I have? i.e. do I already have the later wiring?

Is it worth cleaning the contacts on the pcb?

The heatings working OK at the moment so its very intermitent.

I replaced the pump about 3 weeks ago and that seems to be working OK

maybe the heat isnt getting away from the boiler. is the system balanced correctly?

Boiler is turning off on it's internal stat before the heat has an opportunity to get around the rads.

Superficially, it points to a circulatory issue.....possibly

Well think you are going to get someone in to check
do not think pcb as would go to reset
possible air pressure switch problem and maybe fan slowing when gets hot
also could be gas valve sticking,all common faults with suprima

Well think you are going to get someone in to check
do not think pcb as would go to reset
possible air pressure switch problem and maybe fan slowing when gets hot
also could be gas valve sticking,all common faults with suprima

thats my thought too,
the fan or venturi, or t/stat prob.
try a squirt of wd in the fan bearing and monitor it.

Thanks for the replys.

Dont think its a balance problem, although I'm sure it needs to be balanced, as I still have the problem if I switch to Hot Water only. I dont know how to balance the system without any heat to start with, at the moment all of the rads are on/open but could be another circulation issue, dont know where to start looking though.

It does sometime sound like there could be air in the system somewhere but I've no idea how to get it out, I've vented the pump several times.

I have an odd valve that I dont know what its suposed to do, it sits between the output of the pump and the return from the hot water cylinder. I assume its some sort of return to the boiler, if its open i cant see that and water would pump though either the cylinder or the rads (photo below)

pic134.jpg

The house was empty all over last winter with the heating off but not drained as far as I could tell when we moved in.

Give me electricity any day!

Yes water was very clean, I've moved a ground floor radiator too and that was also very clean.

Pump right way round?
Valves open fully?
pump settings on full?
does the water on the flow get hot and how far?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler only runs for 35 seconds every 4 minutes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock