Discuss boiler not locking out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dboi78

was checking a gas valve for safety today i was wondering if this boiler didnt lockout and just kept sparking continiously how would i classify it ?? looked in my unsafe book and found "gas controls and safety devices that affect the safe operation of a gas aplliance" = id

anyone id a boiler for not locking out when gas cut off ??

asked a engineer i know he said ar all day long !!

if its keeps sparking and trying to relight it knows theres no gas, i'm guessing its got flame rectification
I might have completely missunderstood your question but sounds like its okay

Last edited:
not all boilers lock out, as long as it continually sparks and re-lights within 1 second of the gas being re-established then its ok

Last edited:
check what will happen when you cut power of to the boiler and put the gas back on.

If it's sparking continually when the burner is lit, there's an issue with the rectification.
Could be the burner,sensing probe & lead [if one fitted],earthing connections or the unit.

Profile? It will spark all day with the gas off. Just the way it works.

Depends on the boiler, as has been said. What boiler was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler not locking out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock