Discuss Boiler not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

milkman

Hi please help, my boiler pilot light is on the pump is running but won't fire any ideas???

It could be absolutly anything mate!
Are you a registered gas installer?

Hi please help, my boiler pilot light is on the pump is running but won't fire any ideas???

Think the experts may need more info.

What make / type
What have you tried
is it sparking

could be electrodes, air presure switch or many many other things.

Hi Guys

Have you checked the flue on the boiler to make sure it is not covered and air is getting in to keep the pilot alight?

Onto my question I have a Response 120 combination boiler, which is situated right above my kitchen sink however when trying to get hot water from it, it takes what seems to be an eternity to actually ignite, no problem with the rate it heats up the water once it is going just wondering about the time it takes for the burner to actually start up, usually have to turn the hot tap on full and run for about 15 to 20 seconds before the boiler makes a noise that it has actually started letting gas in to burn. Pressure gage on the boiler is constant at 1bar.

Any ideas?

if it takes time to ignite it could be your diverter valve,when the diaphram gets old and tired, it can take a while to push the micro switch to start ignition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock