Discuss Boiler not firing and making bad noise (video) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with above mate. If you are renting get a GSR out to repair. The pump may be knackered and needs checking.

If you bled the system last week I would pop your head up in the loft and look in the small water cistern (tank). Check there is water in it. Sometimes the ball valve can get siezed shut and when you bleed the system the tank (and in turn radiators/system) eont have water in it. If this is the case call your landlord but in the meantime take a jug or bucket and put water from the big tank to the small one yo refill the heating system.

Saying all that, it's more likely to be a knackered pump but just worth checking.

Is it just me but isn't there a bit of staining above the top lhs corner of the square around the burner view window. If so the boiler is not in great health & needs changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler not firing and making bad noise (video) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start up and when it kicks in and out engineer says it’s an ignition coil bracket and nothing to worry...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All, my boiler starts to make some loud noises recently when running (a sound file is attached). A gas engineer will come around sometime next...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock