Discuss Boiler locking out after expansion vessel change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thorn

This might be total coincidence, but I serviced a boiler (ferroli) a few weeks back and fitted an external exp vessel a few days later (the internal one was knackered and it was about 1/3rd the price to fit external). Got a call from the customer and he says that the boiler locks out every night and when it is on the rads are getting extra hot during the on periods. Could this be thermostat related or could the exp vessel be affecting it - don't really see how it would
thanks

I think someone is trying it on! Now way an expansion vessel will cause it to lock out. Or at least I've never come across anything like it.

I think someone is trying it on! Now way an expansion vessel will cause it to lock out. Or at least I've never come across anything like it.

What he said, Ive heard some real horror stories about condensing ferrolis.

It was ok until you touched it !! Its a ferroli what do they expect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler locking out after expansion vessel change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
problem with my oil boiler everything has been change all cleaned out set up but still locks out , if I remove photcell and shine a light on it it...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a firebird enviromax combi boiler. each time it turns off the motor on the riello burner keeps running for a while then the whole thing...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have had this problem for a week now. The oil boiler will run for a short while and then stop. If I check the pipes around the 3 way valve...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock