Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler kettling when using hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natill

Hi, I have an Ideal mini c28 combi boiler, I have been having problems with it kettling when using hot water, I am with Scottish power repair plan he has changed the pcb circuit board and also the temp valve, this made no difference, after this he decided that it must be the heat exchanger to which I am not cover as they don't cover blockages. I have ordered this part and was going to get it fitted when it came. However today I turned the temperature gauge down on the boiler and the boiler doesn't kettle it lets me put the temp up to just over half way before it start kettling, cutting out and restarting, does this still sound like the heat exchange or could it be something else ? Thanks in advance. Neil

surprised they don't cover that tbh. is the gs plumber who's fitting it a friend or are you hoping any firm will fit a part you've bought, if its the latter i think you may struggle to find somebody willing to be honest. at least keep it packaged and get a gas man around for a diagnostic visit.

They are saying it is sludge in the system, which no one tends to cover. Yes someone I used to work with. The part is genuine Ideal, just a lot cheaper over the internet.

I have had a problem with the heater exchange before, just a bit surprised that the boiler works ok with water temperature reduced, I can put the temp to about half way before the boiler starts to kettle, is this symptom of a dodgy heat exchanger or does it sound like something else ? Cheers neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler kettling when using hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock