Discuss Boiler fumes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crazydiamond

I have a potterton promax he, finding that when its on, getting fumes, its not gas smell, i have had a sniff about but cant find where ? what can cause this. i dont know about the boilers history, if its ever been opened, or serviced.
At work we have these huge square heater with heat vents on the top, i would say the smell is similar. With this boiler being sealed,i cant see how fumes can escape.

Best official advice is to contact your local emergency gas service/ supplier, in the South it is Southern Gas Networks, 0800111999 will be different if you are elsewhere.

They will come out free of charge in a max time of 2 hours, if in any doubt of the boiler they will make the situation safe.

Please turn off the gas.

Kev.

is it new? they smell when new, are the fumes coming back inside from a window?

do as already stated call o8oo 111 999 and get someone round to look at it. in the meantime turn it off.

Thankfully you can smell Carbon Monoxide, not a lot of people can :sleeping:

Hopefully nothing but best to be safe eh??

Could also be some electrical contacts slowly melting themselves till they set alight ! please get it looked at tonight.

When ive fitted these from new ive always noticed a smell. Not easy to describe, maybe like oil or new engine sort of smell, or a burning smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler fumes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock