Discuss Boiler Breakdown Sticky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

en-fault-finding-guide-tmg-mmi-sz20r1205-page-001.jpgAlways handy to have..

before you start any fault finding check the three esentials
pressure
is there water in the boiler dont trust the guage whack half a bar in ive had many gauges reading 1bar when theres realy nothing in it
power
is there power to the boiler
gas
is there definatley gas at the boiler once spent 20 mins to find a fault and the the gas valve under the boiler was in the off position always best to crack a union or put a guage on

before you start any fault finding check the three esentials
pressure
is there water in the boiler dont trust the guage whack half a bar in ive had many gauges reading 1bar when theres realy nothing in it
power
is there power to the boiler
gas
is there definatley gas at the boiler once spent 20 mins to find a fault and the the gas valve under the boiler was in the off position always best to crack a union or put a guage on

Had same on a duo tec , ages checking then thought would check outlet at meter ... 3mb

If you get a leak from the tube where flow turbine is on Greenstar, usually the adaptor behind the turbine has disintegrated.

If you can't get the temp to ramp to max on a Flexicom, then before getting multimeter out etc, take out and clean condense thoroughly. Trap, flush through HEX and check pipe is clear. Had this twice passed on from other company's unable to fix with thermistors. :thinking:

Intermittent ignition on a Solo/Promax. If it's on the new style all in one PCB then when it's lit, tap the PCB housing near yellow sticker. Can get it to drop out if PCB is at fault.

Glowworm CI, if you are getting PCB error as fault code (F13??) then check APS is not stuck on before fan has run, as it throws up PCB error.

If you goto a intergas combi compact constantly going to 11 fault code, before checking sensors and harness.....remove and clean flow switch as debris can get on the paddle and make it stick in hot water mode.

if you have just removed on a service the burner and fan from a duotec HEA/gold/titanium/heatmax/promax combi and you get e133 error make sure you have fitted the silicone tube back to the manifold venturi and not the spare port

If you goto an ecotec pro/plus that is starting up when switched on and display fades and the boiler conks out....check to see if pressure switch is the pink one and replace this first as it could be drawing all the power away from the rest of the boiler....had one yesterday.

For gledhill pulsacoil 3 also check that the little float switch in header tank hasn't been broken off/that it makes a connection to send power to the board, no power will go to immersions if it is not making a connection.

Last edited:
Biasi M96(24/28)SM/C2
Round black APS
boiler fires up for a few seconds then goes off, continues to spark. After a few attempts the lock out led comes on. Works when the combustion chamber is off.

check flue was fitted correctly as the white seal bends when pushing the elbow into the flue and doesn't sit right.
Fault only starts after the warrenty period is over :(
Remove the complete flue clean and pour water in the top of the boiler to clean out the heat exchanger. Done 3 of these in the past year.

Reply to Boiler Breakdown Sticky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock