Discuss Boiler Breakdown Sticky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Vaillant Eco tec plus 2 (new ecotec)
F70
Check coding resister (on harness right hand side of main heat x)
Check gas type plug on pcb
Check all cable plugs for poor connections.
Check plugs with any faults. female connections spread open causing poor contacts.

Glow worm cxi no display or lights board check.

If there is no display, there are some other things ratherthan the boards which can take the display out.

Any of the low voltage components can also do that, so wealways say to disconnect the 3 connections on the left hand side, J1 J4 and J2and see if the display comes back, if it doesn't then you need to ease J13 offthe top centre so you can see the metal tracks underneath, and see what voltageyou are getting on the first track on the right hand side. It should be reading15-16 volts DC, this is the feed to the display board by the main board so ifyou are not getting that then it is the main board, if you are then it is thedisplay board.
Most of the time we do recommend in changing them bothtogether as some of the new software doesn't always like the old software, soeven if if you do or don't get the voltages it still might need both boardsreplacing.

Vaillant 824e Turbomax Plus comes up with fault code F28. Did all my resistance and voltage check and still nothing happening. It goes all the way to ignition but does not fire. Hence decided will go next day with a new gas valve, turned up next day without one just wanted to check what could be wrong, when I took it out it had water in it. Don't know how it got in there. But after drying it out everything working perfectly fine. Saved few bobs for the customer and earned few more for myself.

Last edited:
I went to a ferrolli optimax he locked out on f37 low pressure there was presure in it and no blockage to the low pressure switch changed the low pressure switch still the same spoke to ferrolli it's no low pressure it's caused by a power surge to the board to get it to reset " press reset for 10 sec wait for ts,press reset and let go immediately it will show p1, press bottom + once p2 will display, press top - to go back to p1, 00 will appear( it needs to be 01) use top + &- to change then press the bottom + once to back to p2, then press top + and 01 should be displayed then press and hold reset for 10 sec and it should be reset! Hopefully will save someone 40 quid for a Low pressure switch

Reply to Boiler Breakdown Sticky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock