Currently reading:
Blocked Urinal Waste Pipe

Discuss Blocked Urinal Waste Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony73

Hello

I recently did a job in a 2 bowl auto flushing urinal system in a small commercial unit. The waste pipe was blocked solid with urine crystal/congealed stuff. I had to cut the pipe to get access and the replaced the waste pipe and S bends. All worked well with the urinals coping with the flush and everything draining away fine.

today I got a call that the urinals were overflowing when the cistern flushed down. The pipe is blocked again after 2 weeks. There is a WC that feeds into the same waste stack as the Urinals.

Can anyone suggest why this might be blocked again so quickly and what my best course of action is before I go back to sort out.

Any help greatfully recieved as I'm a Urinal novice just trying to help a mate out.

Had a call few weeks ago, customer wanted Sani flow fixed, I described I could take a look but sounded as though motor had gone.

They asked how much new one would be, when I told him he said he would call back, never heard nothing again.

Soooo dissapointed (not)

I don't offer repairs to sani flows generally but.....the last one I fixed had a blown PCB. I changed it (no poo, clean job) and it worked fine. PCB was about £40 I think. I looked at it as I had fitted it a few years earlier.

I always try to fit isolation valves to the macerator output. So you don't get a nasty backwash. Sometimes you can fit a full bore 22mm ballfix, sometimes you will need to fit a waste iso' valve. Anyone who's plumbed in a swimming pool with be familiar with those.

Means you can isolate the macerator, and simply fit another one without getting covered in yeeeerch!

I used to do work in a small hotel where someone, in their wisdom, had fitted saniflows to 8 of the 10 rooms.
I got fed up stripping them and in the end told them to get someone else.

Hello

I recently did a job in a 2 bowl auto flushing urinal system in a small commercial unit. The waste pipe was blocked solid with urine crystal/congealed stuff. I had to cut the pipe to get access and the replaced the waste pipe and S bends. All worked well with the urinals coping with the flush and everything draining away fine.

today I got a call that the urinals were overflowing when the cistern flushed down. The pipe is blocked again after 2 weeks. There is a WC that feeds into the same waste stack as the Urinals.

Can anyone suggest why this might be blocked again so quickly and what my best course of action is before I go back to sort out.

Any help greatfully recieved as I'm a Urinal novice just trying to help a mate out.

what is the fall on the waste? sounds like its leaving the producets behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked Urinal Waste Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back