Search the forum,

Discuss Blocked shower waste pipe in ceiling void, solutions? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi folks

As mentioned in the title, are there any solutions to the problem, other than cutting an access to waste pipe and cutting pipe at nearest elbow or tee?

Hair has been removed as much as possible and a drain cleaner used but still very slow to drain.

I’m not keen on strong chemicals in case it affects joints, plus I’m not sure whether it’s solvent or push fit.

Any advice greatly welcome

Wet Vac from the shower end, pulling the blockage back, beware of the chemicals coming back.

If you aren't sure if it's pushfit, be careful if you use a drain unblocking-flexible-spiral-rod as you can push fittings off if they aren't well clipped / supported.

Wet Vac from the shower end, pulling the blockage back, beware of the chemicals coming back.

If you aren't sure if it's pushfit, be careful if you use a drain unblocking-flexible-spiral-rod as you can push fittings off if they aren't well clipped / supported.
Cheers mate. I completely over looked the wet vac. It’s certainly worth a go.

Yes I don’t like poking around when I’m unsure if it’s push fit.

I don’t actually know what chemicals they’ve put down but thanks for the heads up.

When it's hair (glued together with soap / shampoo etc) it stands a chance of coming back out, if it's grease it will just suck a hole in the blockage but at least would start the flow.

When it's hair (glued together with soap / shampoo etc) it stands a chance of coming back out, if it's grease it will just suck a hole in the blockage but at least would start the flow.
Good shout and very much appreciated. What sort of rods do you use for this kind of work?
I have used 10mm plastic in the past as well as small rods with no joy.

Reply to Blocked shower waste pipe in ceiling void, solutions? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, please see my attached diagrams One is the current layout And one is where I propose to add another boss to add a shower waste. This horizontal run is below floorboards but I can't get to the TEE or under the tee to add a boss vertically. ( the current Bath is bossed way in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off and capped it off for the time being, fast forward 3 months the same thing in the main bathroom, that one is leaking from the mixer bar, (no issues...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission accomplished. However, I now have a further issue for which I would welcome any suggestions or advice. I decided to replace the McAlpine Pedestal...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock