Search the forum,

Discuss Biomass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chalmers7

What type of mixing valve is used on a biomass install, what's there purpose ?

It's to maintain a boiler temp of 50c.

Usually a thermostatic controlled 3 port

It's to maintain a boiler temp of 50c.

Usually a thermostatic controlled 3 port

Is there any particular make that I should use?

Also this biomass and oil boiler system shows a low loss header the biomass is 199kw and has 500l of water content, should a buffer be used? The low loss header is 5" by 2.3m long

Different manufacturers want different return temperatures, check with retailer or readv the manufacturers instructions, get it wrong and the boiler can need to be replaced within 5 years.

Again check the buffer requirements with the manufacturer, a boiler that size may need a buffer depending on heat dissipation.

Another wee question, thanks for your comments, but I've never know a biomass flue be right to connect to a oil boiler flue, but on the hargassner schematic it shows both flues together but a sensor must be fitted, have you ever came across that before?

Another wee question, thanks for your comments, but I've never know a biomass flue be right to connect to a oil boiler flue, but on the hargassner schematic it shows both flues together but a sensor must be fitted, have you ever came across that before?

No, in fact the golden rule with flues is never fit two appliances to one flue, unless they mean to connect to an old type oil boiler flue.

One I did come across is a flue with what appeared to be another flue beside it acting as an air intake, any chance the sensor is a lambda probe?

That might explain the two pipes one for POC and the second as an air intake the fan speed controlled by the lambda.

The 'creme de la creme' and my suggested manufacturer for biomass installations would be ESBE :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Biomass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock