Discuss Big house, big job..money no option - What would you choose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a big job coming up. Its a big old house in Chelsea and customer is no holds barred on cost!

Its currently got a Keston C90 light commercial boiler, 2 linked copper cylinders (210l each approx) honeywell wireless programable room stat and 2 channel programmer. heating on one zone.

Im proposing:

Buderus 162/65 boiler
1 x megaflo systemfit indirect unvented cylinders 250l
1 x megaflo solar fit indirect 300l
6 zone system using Honeywell evo home
all pipework lagged with celotex
all pipework saddle clipped
all valves soldered where possible
magna clean filter
spiroVent RV2

What things might you add/manufacturers youd use etc if price no concern?

I would use two boilers combined on a LLH with sequencer switching rather than one large boiler.

Difficult to spec the hot water without knowing more about the hot water demand, and the capacity of the incoming main in terms of pressure and flow.

Whats the lifestyle of the customer? Are they tecno-weenies or digi-tards?

Do they care about energy efficiency, or ultra-convenience?

Lots of variables!

I would use two boilers combined on a LLH with sequencer switching rather than one large boiler.

Difficult to spec the hot water without knowing more about the hot water demand, and the capacity of the incoming main in terms of pressure and flow.

Whats the lifestyle of the customer? Are they tecno-weenies or digi-tards?

Do they care about energy efficiency, or ultra-convenience?

Lots of variables!

Hot Water: 2 baths, 1 with shower
3 en suite showers
8 sinks
2 bidets
All with standard outlets

Family house, 3 kids 3 adults with guests on occasion. basically both baths and at least one shower to run un disturbed.

Incoming mains: 2.5 bar
Flow rate: 22 lpm+

On the techno front I would say they would embrace any new technologies. I would say convienience is more important but they have expressed the future option for solar panels which is why im including the solar cylinder.

Have a look at ACV cylinders. Blisteringly fast recovery times.

Also, if you're going to do the job from scratch, I'd always zone properly rather than electronically. EvoHome is brilliant but I don't like so much reliance on RF communications and battery-powered motor heads!

2 boilers cascaded and run into a LLH. may be a tad more pricey but a really professional job. There's also a backup if one breaks down too so that could be a selling point perhaps?!

162/65 is a little light 162/80 would give more reassurance, purely based on DHW recovery times. Better still cascade boilers as suggested by others.

162/65 is a little light 162/80 would give more reassurance, purely based on DHW recovery times. Better still cascade boilers as suggested by others.

+1 but depending on how big is big

i would cas two

162/45 if its big
162/65 if its mansion size
low loss header
big pump (adaptive)
28/35 or 35/42 main runs depending of boiler choice

underfloor heating going in?????

Got a big job coming up. Its a big old house in Chelsea and customer is no holds barred on cost!

Its currently got a Keston C90 light commercial boiler, 2 linked copper cylinders (210l each approx) honeywell wireless programable room stat and 2 channel programmer. heating on one zone.

Im proposing:

Buderus 162/65 boiler
1 x megaflo systemfit indirect unvented cylinders 250l
1 x megaflo solar fit indirect 300l
6 zone system using Honeywell evo home
all pipework lagged with celotex
all pipework saddle clipped
all valves soldered where possible
magna clean filter
spiroVent RV2

What things might you add/manufacturers youd use etc if price no concern?

Megaflo systemfit...who fits those?

I don't know anyone that uses them...much rather do it yourself and lay valves out as and where you want them

And also if its a big house you will probably have a fairly long secondary, if your secondary has got more than 10L volume in the pipework you have to fit an external potable EV anyway, so kind of defeats the object of the bubble top saving space.

Don't forget a suitable water softener that can handle the maximum through put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Big house, big job..money no option - What would you choose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock