Discuss bg scrappage scheme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Been hearing an advert on the radio quite alot lately about british gas boiler scrappage , get a worcester installed and get £400 off or £200 on any other leading boiler . So that must bring the price they charge for a boiler upgrade down to about £5000 then !!!

Speaking to some bg engineers i know tho and they say they get told condemn or say they dont make that part anymore so they get to quote boiler upgrade .So i guess thats the catch condemn boiler put frightners on cust then hit them with a big bill for boiler upgrade.

Speaking to some bg engineers i know tho and they say they get told condemn or say they dont make that part anymore so they get to quote boiler upgrade .So i guess thats the catch condemn boiler put frightners on cust then hit them with a big bill for boiler upgrade.

I cannot believe bg would do this kind of thing,

what's £5000 between customer and supplier ,when you can put it on your bill for nice easy payments

imho

:13:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lied!!! You can't go round saying that mate. No one gets told to say that. Someone somewhere is telling porkies, could you imagine being instructed to say that and it not get out? BG shares would plummet. I know 2 blokes sacked for telling customers just that

ive been to a few jobs after bg and heard oh that parts obsolete when there on the shelf or you need a power flush for rip off amounts !!

i really cant believe how they get away with it !! rant over

Last edited by a moderator:
i work for BG and i feel i give good advice to customers, if there boiler is hanging off the wall or dangerous i recommend them getting a quote, as would any engineer, if the boiler is old but safe and the customer is happy, then i say see you next year for the service. BG is not out to con the customer, its a British company out to make money by delivering a great service just like every independent company out there, yes it probably has its share of muppets but i unfortunately the industry is full of them

Hi hudster and roryd please do not be offended, my comments are not a personal attack on yourselves who I am sure are excellent engineers and do not missell but if you look into some of my threads regarding BG you will understand my disdain for the company, especially for the tactics that I and my customers have witnessed by BG in south oxfordshire a few years ago.
I believe the misselling goes on because of BGs need to pay shareholders
bitter and twisted! yes definately, after 30 years in the trade what do you expect with all the changes ive seen.
Powerflush, would I be so crass as to offer a customer a power flush for £700 with a contract to repair faults on a system, when the problem is faults on the system and the system clearly does not need a power flush? No I wouldnt.
Also BG are contracted to do annual services on many boilers would I turn up and just stick a telegan into a flue and say thats ok for another year. No I carry out a full inspection

i work for BG and i feel i give good advice to customers, if there boiler is hanging off the wall or dangerous i recommend them getting a quote, as would any engineer, if the boiler is old but safe and the customer is happy, then i say see you next year for the service. BG is not out to con the customer, its a British company out to make money by delivering a great service just like every independent company out there, yes it probably has its share of muppets but i unfortunately the industry is full of them

If there is a boiler hanging off wall i would recommend them getting a quote !!!!!!!!!
OMG !!!!!! first thing i would do is make boiler safe and try re hang it for them ,see you just proved my point see out fgor a boiler upgrade ,,,,,jeez!!!!

Oh dear rory, I really wouldnt of bothered replying to such an obvious trolling thread, your right unfortunatley a few bad apples in a company can ruin it for everyone. I know there are many skilled engineers at British Gas but also a few who are just interested in getting on the sales ladder.

Gaspastemania Im sure you must realise that hangin of the wall is an expression and not meant literally, pretty childish comment from you eh?

If there is a boiler hanging off wall i would recommend them getting a quote !!!!!!!!!
OMG !!!!!! first thing i would do is make boiler safe and try re hang it for them ,see you just proved my point see out fgor a boiler upgrade ,,,,,jeez!!!!

jeeeeeeez i come across boilers hanging off the wall every day but as long as there is a nice bright yellow flame and i there is only a small gas leak, then i will always leave them on, so what if the customer has mild CO poisoning, as long as the customer is nice and warm with running hot water then im a happy gas engineer.

you do realize when Alan sugar says 'your fired' hes not actually going to set them on fire.........hes just terminating there contact of employment

check my link out, it may be of some use to you

Figure of speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

check my link out, it may be of some use to you

Figure of speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have read through this link and find no reference to boilers hanging off the wall or regs relating to this matter :stooge_curly::smilewinkgrin:

Come on all involved!!this is why we have a be nice policy so we can have a bit of light banter without things developing into the above posts

when I first started out you used to get the ideal concords pulling some walls down

ive been to a few jobs after bg and heard oh that parts obsolete when there on the shelf or you need a power flush for rip off amounts !!

i really cant believe how they get away with it !! rant over

That won't be a BG policy mate. Powereflushing is expensive tho, however it is done correctly and guaranteed for life, won't get that anywhere. Lost count the amount of times it had to be redone after poor quality from plumbers so it does work both ways. Know of 2 guys sacked for the 'no parts' scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bg scrappage scheme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock