Search the forum,

Discuss BG powerflush.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

djobe

Gas Engineer
Call out to a customers house as her system hasn't been working correctly.. Walk it to her holding a handful of black lagging which we use to lag the solar pipework. Basically our 2 year warrenty ran out 5 months ago so the lady had BG go in to sort out a problem she had with her system (no idea what the issue was) anyway BG changed 5/6 things on her system then they apparently found a load of lagging in the Pipework, which I immediately did not believe was the case as its site work the lagging wouldn't have been ordered and put on until the finals. Anyway I went upstairs to have a look at the install. First thing to catch my eye was lagging which looked to have been torn leaving about 2" of Pipework on show. The system works fine now and she has had no issues recently but BG have told her she needs to have a 'Powerflush' to fully rectify the issue (there isn't any issue). To me this all seems fabricated just to get more & more money off this poor old lady.. :32: Do BG always force the sales even if it isn't needed?

Last edited:
Humm lets think BG , power sales...... Nope no idea. Never heard of that sort of thing before.

It's more todo with the fabrication of problems that anger me. it gives over plumbers a bad name for no reason.. Because of the size & name people will take what they say as gospel!

old lady next door had a bg plan.
Rad stopped working and they told her it needed new pipework and a powerflush as was choked.
Had a wee look at her service book....supposedly was powerflushed EVERY service??????
Theivin gits .
She showed them this and somehow they fixed for free ;)

As an engineer if you book in a powerflush they get 75 bonus ,anything for a sale,my mate in London sub contracted for them last year as work was quiet and it was brilliant to hear the stories what went on,there was a huge shake up and it's better than what it was,but you still hear horror stories, I had a new customer that had a combi fitted by BG but the monthly contract was for a s plan and cylinder tanks and everything ,when I called and asked what was going on they just said they would amend it but didn't give any money back they charged for the previous 2 years,dreadful !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BG powerflush.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After around 18 months my business swayed more towards bathroom installs and I got stuck doing them for years. Now I'm fed up of them I re sat my exams, re...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock