Discuss betacom 30c, IT WORKS! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

that surprised you. lol

Glow worm betacom 30c. keeps over pressurizing when heating is on then from 1&1/4bar rises to 3bar and blows prv. hot water works fine. exp vessel is 1&1/2 bar pump spins but return is cool? all rads heat up fairly quickly. cleaned return filter.
i set the stat on the boiler to low and seems to work at low rate ok but rads dont get too hot.
anyone got any pointers cause i'm scratching me head. thanks https://www.************/images/emoji.php/v6/f57/1/16/1f609.png

How big is system (rad count)

The flexible hose going to the expansion vessel are prone to blocking and the vessel charged between 0.7/0.9 of a bar

is there an old filling loop somewhere on the system which has started to let by

had one once, found an ancient filling loop in a cupboard where hot water cylinder had once been

is there an old filling loop somewhere on the system which has started to let by

had one once, found an ancient filling loop in a cupboard where hot water cylinder had once been
no, the pressure drops when heating not on, its got no where to expand or the pumps not strong enough as the return pipes cold. all rads warm up though ?????

Isnt there a filter on the return on these boilers? Maybe try cleaning that. Drop expansion vessel to 0.75-1bar

Your problem is most likely to be the expansion vessel.

It has either become defective or has lost its internal charge.

Turn off boiler and isolate flow and return under boiler.

Open boiler drain and leave open.

Attach a pump to the Schrader valve, pump out any water and
pump up vessel to about 0.7 - 0.9 bar.

If vessel OK then it should hold this charge.

Open flow and return and bring up pressure with filling loop to
1.1 - 1.5 bar.

You should find pressure now not shooting up and opening safety
valve.

nicely explained thanks,

pressure was 2bar and i dropped it to one and half seemed to work better!

i'll give that a go when i go back, should clear any blockage in the flexi pipe as well.
already cleaned the return filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to betacom 30c, IT WORKS! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock