Discuss Bet none of you have heared of this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

royplumb

Bungalow, condensing combi on wall in middle of kitchen.
Property generally well above surrounding garden etc.
Boiler flue straight up thro' roof.
Tile flashing sound.
32mm condensate pipe taken under floor and outside thro' wall and terminated in rainwater downpipe.
RW pipe 'drains' into a 'soakaway'.
Boiler worked OK for two years or more.
After two periods of heavy rain in recent weeks, boiler stopped working and water poured out of casing.
CORGI plus Manufaturer's agent carried out repairs, but could not find fault.
Boiler now OK.
FAULT
Heavy rain backed up the RWP, up the condensate pipe and poured out the boiler.
ie. boiler was lower than bungalow gutter!
Who said CH Engineers weren't magicians?

Seen it loads of times. If I tee into a RWP (going to a gully, not a soakaway) I always allow an air gap to prevent this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bet none of you have heared of this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock