Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Best way to join a straight rigid copper pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John_

A guy I spoke to said he once had a job to fix a nail went into rigid pipework, he had to make a U shape to work round it. Surely the must be a way to use straight coupling to do this. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thx

Solder the hole, did I just say that? Have done it before if it only nicks the top

just put flux and DO NOT OVER HEAT PIPE ,and solder will slowly build up over the hole

Its been done before GM in the good old days, there is less chance a gas pipe will leak, i have come across copper pipes on gas that have never been soldered, just sealed with the old type flux after 30yrs, and never leaked! I am not saying for anyone to do this by the way!!!!!

we all know it would work fine but with gas and oil it would be deemed not a appropriate fitting

Its been done before GM in the good old days, there is less chance a gas pipe will leak, i have come across copper pipes on gas that have never been soldered, just sealed with the old type flux after 30yrs, and never leaked! I am not saying for anyone to do this by the way!!!!!

I have seen 22mm connectors that have been holding just with flux, for years. One was below the tee on the hot draw off from cylinder! Plumber must have put the connector on & tee well above it, then forgot about connector & just soldered the tee.
If you tried this, you would probably have a leak straight away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best way to join a straight rigid copper pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock