Discuss Best Way To Fit A Vented Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I was called by a customer yesterday. He informed me that: 'The thing you put in hot water tank is gone. Can you come and sort it out please'?
On arrival, his tenant let me in and on further investigation it turns out it was the immersion heater that had packed up. I got into the loft to try and change it, then started scratching my head looking very confused?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Was that stat ever wired in ??

It was. All correctly wired and polarity, continuity, etc all checked and ok. The interesting bit is that the cylinder was fitted just FOUR months ago????
image.jpg
Next to the cylinder are at least 3 old immersion heaters and at least 8 stats? WTF

Last edited:
Hard water? Maybe put the immersion on a timer, no point in making it work through the night when there's no demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best Way To Fit A Vented Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm after some help regarding my Father in laws heating system. He has had a local engineer around but hasn't had a fix and is very remote so...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
A customer of mine lives in an old cottage that has been extended. They have three loft areas that are completely separated. The CWSC is in one...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock