Search the forum,

Discuss Best quality Soil Pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ceekay742

Anyone had any past probs with soil pipe colour fading? I have at present a brown outside soil pipe that has faded over the space of 3 years it is almost white in places where the sun hits it most. I now need to change it for a black soil stack but was wondering is one make better than another for fading? If I remember correctly the old brown stack was quite expensive as I think it was manufactured by Osma?

Paint it black.
Don't use undercoat, just gloss direct on the pipe.

Lightly sand it to get any glaze off.

Osma, hunter polypipe etc all good, I think hepworth will do one, keep off the screwfix cheap ones, sorry i wont mention the name (they might sue me lol )
However depending on where the pipe is in relation to strong sun light all are bound to fade, but some worse than others.
As for painting, I would be tempted to paint it as snowhead says give it a light sand, but I would definitely prime it with an appropriate plastic primer, if you dont, it will start to peel off, ok in quite a few years but it will .......

It's no wonder it's faded badly if its brown soil pipe, that's designed to go under ground so has nothing in the pipe to help protect it from the sunlight.

It's no wonder it's faded badly if its brown soil pipe, that's designed to go under ground so has nothing in the pipe to help protect it from the sunlight.

There is proper brown soil - a completely different product from the orangy-brown underground stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best quality Soil Pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I get a quick sense check on the below, always wanting to work 1 step ahead, eventually planning to add an en-suite to my existing loft conversion. Got...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock