Search the forum,

Discuss Best plumbing website in the UK? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

miko1971

I 'm looking to set up a website for my plumbing business and was browsing some examples online.
I've come across few good sites
How much you think one should spend max on such website?
Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try phoning around a few local internet designers and ask for prices?

I'd spend around 300 - 500 quid on a website. And I'd expect it to be optimised for the search engines.

If you give us a month or so, we should have a company on board. We got one on board last year that let us down bigtime. So I'm making sure this one is right first with a few test sites.

Why not design your own, it's so easy to do. Buy a copy of Serif Webplus and it has lots of professionally designed templates where you add your own text and photos. There are thousands of web hosting companies online and they'll show you how easy it is to put your website online with them for a few pounds per month.

Plus I'd say that unless you're going to be a big company don't presume you need a flashy slick site. I have a very basic simple site and repeatedly receive compliments from customers about how simple and straightforward it is. People want to be on and off in no time and find a phone number and list of services within seconds.

hi all
im old school but slowly coming into the 20th century if i designed through serif as system3 sugests how much would it cost ( dont no what im talking about) to put it on the web in a position to be found
Ta

you can get serif for free. then design it for free. depending who you go to for hosting anywhere from £20 upwards per year including your own domain name i.e joebloggsplumbing.co.uk

Just bought serif webplus X4 its the dogs just drag and drop and you can build a site in no time it includes web hosting all for £9!, I tried to download the free version but it never appeared in my download file must have half a dozen downloads lurking somewhere on my computer:dunce2:

ive done the same it asked me to do a reboot and now i cant find it :dunce2::dunce2:

I paid £200 for my site, I have played about with it a bit so its changed since completed. You get the option to log in and change too so thats a plus. includes a years hosting and £20 per year after.

if you are just looking for a simple website to show the services you offer, contact details and perhaps a few customer testemonials, i would say designing your own website will probabaly be your cheapest option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best plumbing website in the UK? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock