Discuss Best Location For RF Room Stat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to install a wireless room stat for my uncle at the weekend, as he doesn't have any stat at present. There are two possible locations for it - the hall or lounge, but the lounge has a slight complication. This is where the back boiler is, which has it's own gas fire on the front. There is a big rad in lounge as well. My uncle sometimes uses the fire when ch is on as well.

Is having the stat in the lounge a bad idea? Presumably, if he turns the fire on, this will quickly raise temp in lounge, which will keep stat off and mean that the rest of the house goes cold?

Any advice appreciated.

Well before you go nailing it to a wall. Try it in different locations. But as a rule putting it somewhere that is subject to rapid temperature changes outside the average for other rooms isnt the best idea.

Also avoid rooms eith TRV on radiators

Thanks. Seems like you confirm my suspicions. It's a Drayton MiStat, so comes with table stand. Will try it free-standing before fixing.

There are TRVs, but any in the same room as the stat will be left on max.

Dont put in same room as TRV as the boiler may run continuous as it wont lock if TRV is satisfied first. It will just run and run and waste energy.

halls are sometimes not ideal as the reference room due to size and use. The lounge is prob best until the fire is turned on, leave it on the stand and let them figure it out.

They used to tell us at plumbing school ..... Theres never a right place to put a stat,but theres loads of wrong places .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best Location For RF Room Stat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock