Search the forum,

Discuss best electric showers ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve ski

Morning everyone, My customer requires a new electric shower for a holiday cottage. He wants one which will provide a good flow at high temperature settings and hopefully good longevity, Whats your favourites and why ? thanks in advance.

Hi Steve

The flow rate/temperature of a shower is determined entirely by the physics - all 9kw showers will, by definition, deliver the same balance. So to get higher performance, you have to up the kilowatt rating, which leads to potential upgrades to the electrical installation, particularly to the cable.

Its not clear from your post whether the whole installation is new (in which case using the correct cable should be relatively easy) or just a new shower to replace an existing one. If its the latter, then you need to check the cable size already installed - that will be your limiting factor.

As for longevity, there are two factors - make, and nature of water supply. A Mira Sport is not the cheapest, but should give long service, but if you are in a very hard water area, then any electric shower is likely to have a limited lifespan unless you take steps to treat the water supply.

As it is a holiday let,the guests will want a decent shower,so i would just fit a triton 8.5 kw shower,with a £100 ish budget for unit and forget the longevity bit,as it is not going to happen,it is going to be used and abused.....budget in to replace every few years....and make sure the cleaners have shower head cleaning on their list
it is not just the internal wear,it is shower hose damage,control knobs breaking and disappearing ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best electric showers ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in the process of replacing an electric shower for a customer. I’ve come across some equipotential bonding within the shower and was just wondering why this is there? Can it be removed or does it have to stay? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I hope you are doing well. My question is about the dilemma of installing an electric shower or a water pump instead? The hot water pressure in upstairs bathroom is a bit weak. I could get an electric shower installed but I also consider a water pump. What would you suggest? A pump...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock