Search the forum,

Discuss Been retired a year now in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Derrick229

I have been retired a year now, decorated the whole house, cut all the grass, built a new wall, been on a couple of trips around Asia, Africa, spent 8 weeks in Egypt

Now I'm getting bored, I want a bit of work, anyone know if any one is taking on any plumbers, around the West London area ?

I got shedloads of paper work, qualifications, used to work at LHR, so some of my qualifations are only related to Airport work (high pressure firemains, pumpimg stations, confined space work)

I used to look after all their houses (used by staff/managers/directors) so really domestic work there, but in the terminals, it was bog seats, wave on taps/flushes, blockages in pans and h/basins, installation and removal, renovations

I have paperwork for using high pressure jetters and camera's, working in confined spaces and at height, using full BA

Used to working on my own, own tools, havent got a van though, responsible, trustworthy

Any replies appreciated:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Derrick229

Congratulations on yer retirment. I didnt realise that old plumbers retired, I always thought they just went down the drain!!!!

Good luck in yer endevour to keep going.
regards
mike

what about just setting up on your own, advertising in the local paper and doing small jobs if you aint got no van?

Got a few ad's out there, but got nowhere with them, hence-------- anyone taking plumbers on:confused:

Got my name with a couple of buildes, but they got very little work, so they dont need me:(

Asked my mates, but they are plumbers as well and they do the PJ's:(

Hi Derrick229

Congratulations on yer retirment. I didnt realise that old plumbers retired, I always thought they just went down the drain!!!!

Good luck in yer endevour to keep going.
regards
mike

Funny enough, my last job was down a 40 foot pit, full BA gear, hanging from a tripod on a safety line:)

sounds Like fun I have been retired my self since I was 14 !!!!! or at least I think thats wot the teachers told me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Been retired a year now in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock