Search the forum,

Discuss bbc 1 right now britains metal theives in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

just got to be worth a watch????????

just seen what happens to hands on nicking live leccie cable, dozy mutts, wont be apply to play with their bits ever again!

I watched it too. I can totally understand the need for ID now when cashing in scrap now, but I don't understand this cheque nonsense.

I watched it too. I can totally understand the need for ID now when cashing in scrap now, but I don't understand this cheque nonsense.

ID can be nicked/faked/not checked properly.

Once the money is in a bank account they have some chance of tracking it.

The government hates cash transactions because they are so much harder to tax.

Big brother wanting to control everything

Half the politicians want to control things because they know so much better than you whats good for you. Left to yourself you might smoke, drink or eat fatty food, and that can't be right.

The other half want to control things so that they can tax it. Left to yourself you might spend your money on things you want, and that can't be right.

Last year some smart Alec climbed up on the local church roof with the intention of nicking lead. The roof had a tower like section and he got to a place that he couldn't get back from. This was in the early hours, so he had to wait until the Vicar came to open up in the morning, and then he called out for help. The Vicar called the fire-brigade to get him down. lol

Local church-goers were fuming (not much Christian charity shown) and were all for locking him up and throwing away the key.

However, the Vicar stayed true to his calling, and spoke out about how desperate the man must have been to risk his life attempting to nick lead from such a dangerous spot.

I don't know what sentence he finally received.

Perhaps it was Probation with a condition that he get some unpaid work experience with a scaffolding company, with a free copy of the Drifter's CD thrown in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bbc 1 right now britains metal theives in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Did anyone watch Britain's Got Talent last night? There was a Plumber on from Stockport called Darren who bottled it last year but did his audition last night.. He was a stand up comedian and he got off to a rocky start but by the end everyone was loving him! Does anyone know him? Is he a...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached picture from their catalogue. Like on this image ->...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock