Discuss Baxi Platinum or Worcester in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Leo21. the water gets warm/hot, runs a few mins then trips out. It’s got worse over time. It would reset itself at first and after a while get hot again, it was like overheating., This week to get a bath we’ve had to run the water a few mins turn it off before it got cold, and adding boiled kettle and repeating until there was enough water for a bath. Can’t run it too long or it cuts out.

Cheers Ron, we’ve decided on the Baxi as that’s what was recommended. I haven’t heard of the Atag before. What you say is helpful though and I feel a bit better after reading your post.
I will have a chat with the engineer tomorrow about the flush and trust him, the onus on him! If he says the gentle flush is enough and 6 months down the line it needs a powerflush he should sort it for us then?

Cheers Ron, we’ve decided on the Baxi as that’s what was recommended. I haven’t heard of the Atag before. What you say is helpful though and I feel a bit better after reading your post.
I will have a chat with the engineer tomorrow about the flush and trust him, the onus on him! If he says the gentle flush is enough and 6 months down the line it needs a powerflush he should sort it for us then?
I wouldn't have one for baxi, I'd always go for top range boilers, but as mentioned earlier each installer will recommend different brands and models. However, once installing a new boiler you'll require a power flush as well as a Magnaclean filter close to the boiler ( return pipe )!
If the engineer is registered with Atag or wb i am sure you can get longer warranties. Atag offers a lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger and will give you 7 year warranty but can be extended to 10 years.

It's worth spending more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Platinum or Worcester in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I’m new here and due to have a new boiler fitted. Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on either the Worcester 8000 40KW Combi or the...
Replies
Views
Oily smell from boiler recently before failed. Great plumber sorted though when opened external baffle at front of sealed flue the internal spring...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
Our Baxi boiler works fine most of the time but the last few days it does not heat the water first thing in the morning and occasionally later on...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all. My glowworm e50 has seen better days. Situation = 4 bedroom detached house, header tanks in the loft, all the rads are singles, they...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock