Discuss baxi platinum combi he losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lewis Foster

We've been doing plenty of DIY of late and so a few radiators have been on and off. I'm not sure if we had problems before as we've only just moved in but we seem to be losing pressure and I can't find any obvious leaks.

I tried upping the pressure with a view to locking the system off to see if its the boiler or radiator circuit but didn't get very far. I put the pressure up to 2 bar then locked the two valves off to isolate the radiators but as I did this the pressure dropped by 0.5 bar. Does this signify any problems?

Any help greatly appreciated.

The platinum has a 5yr warranty, 10yrs on new I believe! However if it's out of warranty there's an obvious issue that will be quickly diagnosed/repaired by someone qualified to do so I'd guess :)

Get someone in I say :)

Whilst there on they can chuck some more inhibitor in as it will be watered down.

Is system dropping pressure all the time ? or only when boiler is in use ? how did you drain system to remove radiators ? check outside to see if small safety pipe from boiler is dripping !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi platinum combi he losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock