Discuss Baxi platinum 28HE e160 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smithy 1808

Is anyone able to help me out here? My baxi platinum just packed up.
fault code E160. I believe I could be either PCB or a fan fault?
its faulting out on both CH and DHW? How do I find out which part is at fault?
aby ideas greatly appreciated.

Platinum has a 5yr warranty Smithy 1808... How old is your boiler?

E160 is fan or fan wiring fault according to MI's.

Wise words from diamond.

It's only about 4 years old but had a big fall out with the installer when we first had a problem because he never filled out or sent off the appropriate warranty stuff. Had a problem in the fyear couple of years which I got sorted with the expansion vessel but had no other trouble till tonight. My son wasn't impressed having to end his shower with cold water.

Sounds about right because it's going out on fault as soon as the fan should be kicking in.

Give Baxi a ring ... they log serial numbers and may validate the warranty repair for you, give them the boiler serial number ... It'll save you a good few bob .. :)

Fan may be seized, burnt out if it's not running.

If you have had Baxi blokes out previously to repair under warranty surely at 4 years they will attend. Try calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi platinum 28HE e160 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock