Discuss Baxi Duotec instant pressure drop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

owington

Hi,
Have a bit of a strange problem with a baxi duotec 28. When the CH is turned on the pressure instantly drops by 1/2 bar. All rads get hot and seems to be working fine. Over several weeks the pressure is gradually dropping so needs topping up. The expansion vessel is fine and there are no signs of leaks anyway or discharge from PRV. When the CH is turned off the pressure jumps staight back up by 1/2 bar again. Any ideas what to look for.
Thanks

if the pressure gauge drops by 1/2 a bar but goes back up by half a bar when ch is turned off its nothing to worry about its just the gauge is on the negative side of the pump however if its losing pressure over a few weeks you have a leak somewhere

Thanks mate, I just called into the job on the way home for a mate who had fitted a radiator a few weeks earlier. when i called him he said the pressure wasnt dropping like that when he left. Maybe he just didnt realise, i dont know. Cheers anyway, i will tell him to go back and check pipework under floors.

Hi, if you do suspect a leak and don't want to rip up the flooring it might be a good idea to get a leak detection company in to source the problem for you. I know of one company I've used before. [DLMURL]http://www.polygonleakdetection.com[/DLMURL]. They use non destructive methods and have saved me a fortune recently. Check them out, you won't regret it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Duotec instant pressure drop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock