Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Baxi duotec 24HE,A in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickie

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi. I'm having an issue with high CO. Into the thousands ppm. The gas supply is 22mm 20mb. New gas valve. Adjusting it only makes the CO worse.

The flue is good and intact.

Any ideas guys ?

Burner seal?

Hi. I'm having an issue with high CO. Into the thousands ppm. The gas supply is 22mm 20mb. New gas valve. Adjusting it only makes the CO worse.

The flue is good and intact.

Any ideas guys ?

Have you done a flue integrity test?

The burned seal looks alright, I'll check it again tomorrow. Same with gas rating. I'll get back. I've had the flue in bits and also run the boiler with the flue off. The CO is still high.

At some point in the past it looks like the chamber has filled up with water and theirs a water mark on the insulation. It comes upto the flame sensing electrode. I've had the main heat exchanger out under a sink and give it a good clean out. It seemed perfect. I haven't had the burned in bits tho and also don't know if a defective fan could cause the high CO.

I'll do more tests tomorrow and get back. Cheers.

Burner seal?

For info,would be obvious on this one if a seal had failed,if the door seal fails its always down to lack of servicing and does massive damage,never seen a manifold seal though

Go and test another boiler with your analyser first. I had the same issue, I had to go back and re adjust half a dozen boilers when I realised what was happening.
Other than that, check the connection to,the gas valve is tight with the washer in and injector in place.

Cheers guys. I'll swap that washer. Just another little update before bed. The gas rate at max was 3.17m3/hr 34kw gross.

The injector size is 7.3mm. Supposed to be 7.5mm

Inlet gas is actually 18.5mb. There about.

The case seal is perfect. It's not pulling a draught either.

Be great if it's just a new injector washer.

I used the anyliser Saturday on a good working boiler. Come back 0.0002.
on this boiler I'm working on it maxed out the CO to 9000ppm.

Last edited:
That heat input is well over what a 24 should be putting out.
Injector size isnt a million miles away from the 7.5mm for the 24/28 Could just be measuring innacuracies with it being so small to handle ??

Baxi tech seemed to think it was a 33kw pcb but then said it wouldn't matter if it was sending 240v to the gas valve. He said the gas valve should be adjustable.

He wants me to check the CO with the front cover off and also seemed to think it was the flue. Even though we know it's using too much gas. Not that helpful.

I measure the injector with some proper calipers. The posh ones with a digital display. I haven't changed the washer yet.

Update, I'm an idiot, I assumed the new gas valve was set up right, turns out i just needed to spend a little time with a couple of Allen keys..

min now 8.4%CO2, CO 14
max now 8.7% CO2, CO 68

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi duotec 24HE,A in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock