Discuss Baxi duo tec combi problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

3083sam

Gas Engineer
I've got a baxi duotec combi and when i run the hot water, the temp guage shoots right up, then there is a clunking noise in the boiler, no error codes are coming up. The pressure guage is also shootin up and down but when the boiler cuts out the guage stabilises. Its obviously overheating.. Any ideas anyone??

Does it shoot up straight away?

Blocked secondary heat exchanger or failed pump are my first two thoughts.

If the plate hex was blocked wouldn't he hw come out Luke warm?

sounds like you need a gas registered engineer to sort your boiler. not being cranky or sarcy but it is not what you obviousley think it is

I am actually a gas safe registered engineer, just wasnt to sure what it was, technical are closed on a sunday so thought i would ask on here..

The heating side works fine, only on the hot water side. Thought it might be a stat..

i think I'd be inclined to agree with all those who're thinking the dhex is a likely culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi duo tec combi problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Baxi DUO-TEC boiler Trying to repressurise using the 2 blue valves - left valve won't budge. Any ideas please?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask is there a function to remove air from a Baxi duo tec combi 24 HE A. If there is can some one kindly tell me the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock