Discuss Baxi Central cold radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frosty

Apologies for posting as have read many similar but none identical. We have a Baxi boiler in kitchen with emersion tank bedroom and open tank in loft. Hot water is fine. A few months ago we had a nail pierce central heating pipe in bedroom, which a plumber repaired. He part drained system, which we have previous had night mares with trapped air in system. Unfortunately our brilliant and patient plumber now retired, he got to know system brilliantly. last time he eventually had to cut pipe to release air and left open pipe with shut off valve near pump which he used to release air lock.

now only 3 radiators upstairs work, none downstairs. It's freezing!
The pump was replaced 2 yrs ago seems to be working ...can feel whirling and all pipes red hot.
Some pins in trvs were depressed ...now released.
how do you work out which is the first radiator in the system when the radiators do not heat to follow to try balancing?
I have bled all radiators ... 2 upstairs had a lot of air.

really not sure what I can try next to establish if balancing problem or air lock. Any advice or help would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you

have a look in loft , make sure that water is in small tank, ball valve may be stuck, if full of water, blockage in cold feed to heating. if ok just because pump is making a noise doesn't mean its pumping. have you tried venting pump ? large chrome screw in center of pump.

jtsplumbing Thanks for replying, very much appreciated, sorry only just seen. blocked pipes was the problem.

Posting to update as always find it annoying when reading forums and no solution when sorted. Finally thinking changing username from frosty to toasty having endured 3 wks with absolutely no heating or hot water!

The problem was a blockage in the pipes due to a build up of gunk in a system filter, pipes had to be cut out and replaced.

Five plumbers later - 4 saying they would phone when able to return never being seen again ...why? Could have had sorted much quicker if not left hanging. So grateful to young plumbers who sorted they were mad busy but turned up 7.00 am in order to fit job in and end our misery. Did a brilliant job and all sorted within 4 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Central cold radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock