Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Baxi 80E any experts out there !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
My cousins boiler so not earning much off this.

DHW runs perfect, fires boiler and stays on until you close the tap.

CH fires up, runs about 5 seconds drops flame and goes flame failure, last week I changed the CH sensor as it was late evening and I had a spare new one on the van. Checked all leads back to board for continuity all seem ok, reseated the leads onto pcb boiler fired up was running fine when I left, fault now returned, am thinking PCB but anything else I can check before I buy one ??? TIA.
Non condensing BTW

Have you checked low rate burner pressure? I think on these there is a low rate and high rate BP and you check be removing one of the leads on gas valve.

May run on high when DHW running and be ok, and low rate is out and causing no rec

Have you checked low rate burner pressure? I think on these there is a low rate and high rate BP and you check be removing one of the leads on gas valve.

May run on high when DHW running and be ok, and low rate is out and causing no rec
Will have a look, need manual first for pressure settings unless someone knows them ?? Don't think I will be able to see them on boiler its sat just
over a work top, cheers pal

I'm sure the settings are 10mb max 2mb min. But when you take the decorative cover off, there's a label on the pcb housing which will tell you the burner pressure settings.

Is the APS making?

I mean its making then sounds like its failing which inturn cutting supply . maybe.

Soz just read post again ignore me as would be same with HW , Is this not the baxi that a certain degree light gives you the fault code so to speak?

Gas rate burner pressure Max rate 12.5 +or- 0.5 and Min 2.5 +or- 0.2

Just checked manual , thats the gas press,

Me personally goz i wouldve thought Heat stat first, only leaves the , diff switch ( diverter micro, heat side) that are not used on the hot water side and couple parts of the board ,

Ye I'd definitely check the burner pressures first. Sounds like the min needs adjusting up a little.

Ye I'd definitely check the burner pressures first. Sounds like the min needs adjusting up a little.

I'm hoping this is finished, went back last week tested minimum gas pressure and it was out low. Increased up to spec and boiler has been ok since...Thanks fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 80E any experts out there !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock