Discuss Baxi 80 Combi - How to increase DHW pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

noelpilot

Hi all,
Hope this is the right place for this one. I'm looking to install a thermostatic shower but at present my DHW pressure isn't great. I've been told that there's possibly a way to adjust/increase the DHW pressure within the boiler. Is this something I can do myself or is it a plumber only job?!

My cold water pressure is great, and I'm sure my combi must be able to push a little more through than it is, I'm happy to accept a lower temperature rise on the water if I can get a higher pressure.

Thanks in advance

Noel

i dont know this model of boiler , but, if you have the manual for it. it may be possible to alter the flow rate thru the dhw heat exchanger. you cannot increase the pressure but you may be able to increase the flow. you will sacrifice some temperature but may be able to compensate by turning up the dhw stat or opening taps less to get hotter water. the amount of heat in the taps is linked to the speed it goes thru the boiler so it may be a juggling game.

Cheers for that, managed to discover the other day that the pressure gauge is nearly in the red on 1 bar and also the isolation valve appears to be nearly closed! Unfortunately it's not very accessible so for £30 my plumber's gonna come and sort.

Cheers all.

Noel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 80 Combi - How to increase DHW pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock