Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 511 RS - obsolete parts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ObsoleteBoiler

Hi,
My boiler (a Baxi 511 RS) was recently inspected by British Gas as part of their HomeCare 200 package.

They have told me that they will cover the boiler but that some of the parts are obsolete and so they would not be able to supply them. However they said that they could not tell me which parts they would and would not be able to supply (the notes from the engineer just say - "parts obsolete on boiler RSL" - whatever that means).

Obviously the package is only worthwhile if there is a good chance of getting the parts that are most likely to fail.

I'm not sure where to start. I suppose I could contact Baxi and get a list of parts that are no longer available, but then I wouldn't know what those parts are, how likely they are to fail, and whether a non-original substitute part would be available.

So, I am wondering if anybody here could please give their opinion on whether the most likely to fail parts are still replaceable.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Best advice would be to do away with the home care contract as they will use the excuse to not cover you. Shop around and find a local reputable gas safe engineer. Maybe use our "I'm searching for a plumber" section Welcome to the forum by the way

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 511 RS - obsolete parts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
I am in need of a spark generator 60080/002 part number 003939 for a very old Ideal Mexico Super RS40/60 boiler. All of the online retailers indicate obsolete not in stock. Can anyone recommend where I could purchase new or refurbished?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have been searching the Web for a spare part for a Worcester 35 cdi ng boiler that is obsolete. I can't find one anywhere and its looking more and more likely I'm doomed . The part is the door extrusion seal 87161031280. I have sold my house STC and this has just happened , so...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone, I have been searching the Web for a spare part for a Worcester 35 cdi ng boiler that is obsolete. I can't find one anywhere and its looking more and more likely I'm doomed . The part is the door extrusion seal 87161031280. I have sold my house STC and this has just happened , so...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock