Discuss Baxi 105e instant Hot Water problem ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Baxi million

I have the 105E (wish I hadn't :dizzy2: ) and have a problem with the hot water. Its never been a great boiler or set up (see below) for the house.
It started when I changed a radiator in a bedroom from a single convector to a double.I did this by closing the valves,fitting new rad,reopening valves to original setting etc. all went well until I wanted a shower and the hot water failed to deliver to the shower. The boiler was working as all lights but I was getting a flashing green on the 'tap symbol' ie hot water. I read through the forum and it appeared it may be related to the diaphragm. We had one replaced about 18 months ago but I went through the diagnostics anyway and the microswitch worked but the brass pin seemed to be stuck. I tried a gentle push and a pull. The pull seemed to free it and it sprung back into place. After that we got hot water but it's not as always good as it was and intermittent. It's worth saying that we have a large square footage bungalow and the boiler and en-suite shower are a long way from each other, so, as an example we had the ch on this morning and that's all fine, went for a shower,got the initial flush of cold then the hot and then it tapered off to ok/warm,that's with the boiler at virtually max and the mixer at 38C. Any advice would be welcome also as to why it went wrong after I had changed the rad ? Thanks

Possible blockage in plate h/x causing it to 'pass' down the heating circuit. With the heating cold, put the hot tap on and check to see if the heating flow pipe is getting warm (one of the thicker pipes under the boiler) Ifso the plate h/x will need to be cleaned or replaced.

The pipe on the left under the boiler

possible blockage in plate h/x causing it to 'pass' down the heating circuit. With the heating cold, put the hot tap on and check to see if the heating flow pipe is getting warm (one of the thicker pipes under the boiler) ifso the plate h/x will need to be cleaned or replaced.

The pipe on the left under the boiler

did this sort the problem? I have similar problem and the flow pipe is warming when dhw is run on any tap both diaphragms at divertor have been changed and both pins are moving freely?

did this sort the problem? I have similar problem and the flow pipe is warming when dhw is run on any tap both diaphragms at divertor have been changed and both pins are moving freely?
Hi, I had the usual Company out that fitted the boiler and they identified a knackered heat xchanger. I was so fed up with how rubbish the Baxi and servicing company was,bearing in mind that the boiler was only 5-6 years old, I had a different (and better Company- 1 man band) come in and he replaced the Boiler and placed it in the loft in the middle of the house. Ten months on lovely hot water,on tap, and good ch.
Hope this helps. Case now closed.

Hi, I had the usual Company out that fitted the boiler and they identified a knackered heat xchanger. I was so fed up with how rubbish the Baxi and servicing company was,bearing in mind that the boiler was only 5-6 years old, I had a different (and better Company- 1 man band) come in and he replaced the Boiler and placed it in the loft in the middle of the house. Ten months on lovely hot water,on tap, and good ch.
Hope this helps. Case now closed.

:lol::lol: in the loft :lol::lol: I only hope you have good access, lighting, and flooring for when the pressure drops, re-set is required, fault occurs :) In the loft is my pet hate when it comes to maintenance, I tend to point them towards the gold digging companies to look after :)

'It's worth saying that we have a large square footage bungalow and the boiler and en-suite shower are a long way from each other'

If it's a REALLY long way, save water (are you on a meter?) and gas and install an electric shower?

'It's worth saying that we have a large square footage bungalow and the boiler and en-suite shower are a long way from each other'

If it's a REALLY long way, save water (are you on a meter?) and gas and install an electric shower?

are u saying if its finding a blockage in the phx it will pass down the flow pipe does the diverter not have to be at fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105e instant Hot Water problem ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock