Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 105 he breakdown in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jimmy18

Gas Engineer
hey guys,
Had a call out today to a baxi combi that’s one of my dads friends. Got there and no heating or hot water. So took off the case and checked a few bits. Pump not running so checked power from pcb. 230v checked power at pump, nothing. Also when my ears pricked up a bit is when I looked at the condense trap and it was bone dry and the diverter valve is brand new and it’s all just been serviced apparently. I’m getting a bit of a bad feeling and don’t want to shell out £140 odd quid for a new pump and there’s something else going on but as the pump is my first port of call what choice do I have?

Is the micro switch making at the rear ?

When you say no power at the pump, are you physically checking at the pump or just assuming because the pumps not running?

I was of the thought that the sequence starts at the pump after calling via room stats etc.
I’ll check the cables tomorrow before fitting the new pump. I tried spinning the pump manually and couldn’t move it either hence why I’m thinking it’s the pump also

A seized pump? How longs the boiler been off for?
The sequence starts with the pump but if getting no power then it won't work. So check for continuity accross the cable, if all ok then I'd be thinking pcb.

Reply to Baxi 105 he breakdown in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I could really do with some advice. Bit of back history, I have a trianco thorncliffe solid fuel room heater it has a back boiler, my dad put the system in just over 30 years ago, everything was bought from the then local fire shop, installed with lots of advice from them, the system has worked...
Replies
Views
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10 months out of the combi yet! Was having pressure and lockout issues and the relief vale had activated couple times, expansion tank is fuel of water so I...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hello, Around 2 years ago we had a very old, leaky Baxi combi replaced with a newer Baxi. For background I live in a 3 storey terrace. First floor has 3 rads, second floor has 4 rads and third floor has 2 rads. We noticed problems with noise and air in the system. One of the rads in the loft...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock