Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bathroom waste runs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goals

Hi All,

Need a solution for long bathroom waste runs, is this design ok. Everything to be done in solvent weld, building inspector said if the runs were quite long use larger pipe size, so proposing 40mm from bath and sink to outside wall, 50 mm for shower to outside wall then 50mm run to stack pipe. My other option was to join to bath and sink before outside wall to save having as much pipe outside. Thanks in advance. Waste design.jpg

A crude rule of thumb is if it's over a 3m length increase in size. so if you cant do 4 inch (110mm) as phoenix asked then have a 2 inch (52mm) float across the side of your house where everything goes into..

no it would not look right, i would ideally like to have as much hidden as possible

yes that is what i was trying to show in the diagram i hope, i was thinking that i may be able to tee the bath and sink together before it goes through the wall were the 2.5 mfr text is on the sink run

Last edited by a moderator:
Teeing them together usually results in one trap glugging when the other is run. I like to run everything individually into 4". Depends what you are willing to put up with for the sake of some 4" running across your house. (Personally think it will look no different to 2")

Two inch across the outside 1.5 inch from each fixture into two inch sweep tee, access cap on last tee. Basin waste is a little long so def go up to 1.5 inch.

Approved Document H is very clear on maximum waste pipe runs to the soil stack (110mm pipe). 1.7m for 32mm, 3m for 40mm and 4m for 50mm. All these are based on pipes running directly into 110mm stack. If you run these pipes further than this you are likely to have issues down the line.

Is movng the soil stack a possbility? It's usually an easy enough job with external stacks.

I'd really want to take 4" to the shower then 2" the rest of the way outside.

can you install a gulley closer to the bathroom???? if building control is involved I would imagine its a new build or extension or something

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies and here are some answers;

Stussy - toilet in separate room and not really possible

awheating - that was my exact thoughts just did not show the access tee

cr0ft - it does say if they are exceeded you can put an air admittance valve on (at basin position ?) - i can't move the stack

IDCHAPPY - if it was possible i would do that but to much pipe work were it goes around corner

CRX100 - downside of driveway a bit tight with potential car damage and it is an extension

The building inspector was happy with the original design but as the runs are quite long i was hoping for some more expert opinions (which i am getting thanks all)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom waste runs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock