Discuss Bathroom radiator on hot water circuit (combi system) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Plumber

Hi. Working on a 3 bedroom house and looking for some advice...

Went to view a job yesterday that needs 6 rads installing and system re-piping. Came across a bathroom radiator that was heated by the hot water circuit.

It's a combi system and they have teed of the HW circuit to feed the rad. Never seen this before and doesn't seem right.

Customer likes the idea of a heated bathroom rad all year round but was just wondering if that's all legit?

Have discovered pipes bent directly into the rad valves so this guy obviously wasn't in the Premier League of Plumbers...

Do you mean it's teed off the actual hot water for the taps or back to the combi?

If it's been done on purpose it should really be a a stainless steel rad to stop rusty water coming out of the taps.

Is it on a S plan with the towel rail fitted on the hot water side? Or maybe its a conventional boiler.

just do usual conversion on pipe work and it will be ok , unless you can see where has been T from

Best to re - pipe up to heating circuit and use a duel fuel element in the towel rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom radiator on hot water circuit (combi system) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock