Discuss Bathroom floor drain - but not a wet room in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Would be possible in one of the corners, obviously need to plumb in using flexis. If the sbox doesn’t fit, Vado do a pull out hose with just a small circular cover plate which would definitely fit. However I don’t anything about this one- although I am fitting one on a job at the beginning of July so could tell you then!!

The Vado gear looks lovely, their shower mixers are beautiful. I think from a cost perspective, sticking in a floor drain a la wetroom i.e. tank the area etc will be the cheapest way forward.

I assume these drains have some kind of trap built in to stop drain smells coming back up or do they need something between it and the waste pipe?

Additionally, as I am tapping into the waste for the bath, would I need to stick in some kind of check valve given bath water higher than floor? (suspect the 92.5 bend offers a large degree of protection but not perfect)

Don’t do what you are thinking of.
No offence you are out of your depth, pay a plumber to do this bit for you, do the rest yourself.
Not sure where that's come from.
Done several bathrooms over the years just never done a floor drain (ie always done one into a fixed shower tray/bath etc). Have run all the waste routes (50mm to shower, 40mm to bath and 32mm to basin terminating in 3 boss ie separate connections to the soil). All I'm looking to get my head around is when tapping into the 40mm bath waste what's best method to avoid gurgling/back flow/smells etc.

Reply to Bathroom floor drain - but not a wet room in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock