Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bath Twist Popup Plug Not Working in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

My twist pop-up bath plug isn’t working and when trying to repair I’ve made a few daft decisions which have led me to the position I’m now in.

I first of all adjusted the plug itself by lengthening it using the screw underneath. This didn’t work, so I looked at the twist dial. I noticed the hole for the adjustment screw and seen the screw and rather than tightening it to see if that fixed it first, I tried to loosen it so I could take the twist dial cap off. The screw fell into the dial, and then the dial wouldn’t come off.

I tried using the backend of hammer to get it off and when doing so the adjustment screw fell out the dial and down my plug hole into the abyss.

I also couldn’t get the dial off using all my strength and even the fixing or whatever it’s attached to was starting to come away from the bath so I didn’t want to do this further.

I’ve took the bath panel off, no obvious problem with the cable connection however Not sure what to look for.

What screws can I buy to try fit and tighten the adjustment screw again, and if this fails do I have any hope of fixing this myself given I can’t get the dial off?

I don’t think the adjustment screw is the issue, as this went back to before when the dial still operately normally (dial turned on/off rather than 360/all the way round).

Any help appreciated, currently using my child’s toy to remove the plug.

Thank you from a complete noob.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 8F40F484-525A-4E3B-A87E-95D54FF8819F.jpeg
    8F40F484-525A-4E3B-A87E-95D54FF8819F.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4343.MOV
    15.6 MB
It’s broken I believe screwfix sell the same one

Reply to Bath Twist Popup Plug Not Working in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock