Discuss Bath to shower waste and siphon danger? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

2 things please if I may:

Trying to work out wastes for a bathroom fit. Shower will have a 40mm pipe run just under 3m into hopper. Considering teeing or angling a bath waste into this on the distal half. Would the bath definitely, maybe or not be likely to siphon the shower trap? Wondering how necessary it may be to run bath waste separately.

Then, depending the level i set the bath, the bath trap can either be above floor, disappear below floor, or be below floor. Should it be accessible? That would seem logical, but what makes me wonder is that shower traps are not. Not without taking up the tray and the floor, which doesnt happen much otherwise there would be another way to do them presumably. Are bath traps different for any reason?

Thank you for taking the time to read.

seperate wastes needed. bath trap will be above the floor level. shower traps can be cleaned out from above, bath traps may need to be removed to clean out.

make sure you use a lipped tray or a classi seal.

Yes it could be, but wanted to set it lower so its easier to get in and out of. Suprised really this isnt more common, unless there is a good reason against it.

Reply to Bath to shower waste and siphon danger? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back