Search the forum,

Discuss Bath Shower Mixers - are heads, rails etc from different brands all compatible? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks

Trying to choose a bath mixer shower... I've found some I like, but I don't tend to like the slider rails from the same brand.

My favourites are these:

Shower mixer:

Slider Rail:

But there are others I like, albeit again a different match of brands.

So are the fittings for all these compatible? By which I mean:
  • the hose (where it attaches to the tap and to the shower head)?
  • the shower head where it slots into the bracket on the rail?

Or do I need to stick to the same brands?

Many thanks

Many thanks for the reply.

I see on closer inspection that in many/most cases it is the hose itself which goes into the mount, not the handset itself. And the hose ends vary. If I were to buy both of the above, I'd have two handsets and two hoses and I'm sure between them I can make things work! Hopefully they'll all work though, leaving me with some spares for the future.

I think what threw me was one of the other mixers I was looking at:

I kept thinking how different the handset end of the hose looked on that, and couldn't figure how it would be compatible. Until I finally realised that the muppet who put it together for the photo has put the hose on the wrong way round! Then it made sense! Or at least I think that's the case, or else I'll be the bigger muppet!

Cheers

I've been chatting with Nuie today and they are adamant that these two are incompatible:

Which has left me very confused!

I know that in the rail kit I wouldn't need the wall outlet piece, but aside from that? They are saying they'll have different fittings from each other. And then went on to say that because the slider rail sits high on the wall, there won't be enough pressure from the tap as when hand held. That doesn't make sense to me either, unless you're sitting in the bath when showering!!!

Anything thoughts from the helpful forum folk?

Reply to Bath Shower Mixers - are heads, rails etc from different brands all compatible? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock