Discuss Basin taps making banging sound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey what is the likely cause of a banging sound coming from basin taps? Is only on one basin all over taps are ok.

Think I read somewhere on here about ceramic discs making a rattling sound. Somebody will be along later to confirm or shoot me down. lol

lol. Well it was worth a go eh!
Where in the house is the basin? Top floor, bottom floor, both taps or just one?
Just gathering info for others to help you. My guess and it is only that is water hammer from air or pressure related, are they new taps by any chance?

Is it when you turn the taps off. If it is you water hammer which caused by pipes not clips very well if at all. Try turning the stop tap/cock down a bit to reduce the water flow usually does the trick. Or could be a loose washer in the tap.

Fit some of these & it will all be okay ;)

Tap Reviver - Search Results | NoLinkingToThis

Fit some of these & it will all be okay ;)

Tap Reviver - Search Results | NoLinkingToThis

Thanks first I thought I would try swapping the washer. If this is no good do these 1/2 reviver kits fit all 1/2 taps. I.e asin taps?

Thanks first I thought I would try swapping the washer. If this is no good do these 1/2 reviver kits fit all 1/2 taps. I.e asin taps?

They fit most... I don't bother changing washers anymore as these revivers are fairly cheap & make it like a whole new tap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basin taps making banging sound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m experimenting with the installation of a floating countertop / basin. At the top of the picture are the brackets I’m considering using. Below...
Replies
Views
Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head...
Replies
Views
Hi I bought a basin tap single lever. It lifts up & to the right but won’t turn to the left for hot I haven installed it yet I’ve only put it on...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock