Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Bad Crackling in some radiators in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Tigermad

Tigermad Member

Plumber fitted an auto bypass a few weeks ago and put some more inhibitor in after I asked him to. Since then the radiators have started crackling really badly when heating up. I have tried bleeding them and it seems to be coming from the side of the radiator without the trv and the valve there and radiator itself. Any ideas? I have an evohome system and unvented system.

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Are they new rads ?

3. Tigermad

Tigermad Member

Yes. The unvented system was fitted a year ago. Kept the three or 4 existing rads and changed 3 or 4.

4. townfanjon

Just the new rads that’s noisy or all of them

5. Tigermad

Tigermad Member

Hi. Just seems to be downstairs mainly. 2 new rads and one old. The nearest to the boiler is the noisiest

6. townfanjon

Where did the rads come from ?
    Your unvented system is only hot water , will make no difference to rads

7. Tigermad

Tigermad Member

I’ve had the new rads in for over a year. They have only started to crackle since the bypass was fitted a few weeks ago.

8. townfanjon

Can you put a pic of the bypass, valves and pump.