Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Back Flow Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jimmeh

Evening all!
Went to look at a job today, customer has fitted a kitchen sink which backs onto a wall that has a shower on the other side. Its a low level tray and the waste has a poor fall (very minimal) and is very very difficult to get to. When the sink is full and empties it backflows through the shower waste into the tray. But if the flow is just straight from the tap down the sink this does not occur. How can i overcome this with minimal work to the waste pipe, I know it might sound daft, but restricting the flow from the sink waste may work right? Or would a crazy idea like putting a HepVo trap into the waste before the sink waste enters the waste pipe and after the shower prevent a backflow?

I only say this as the waste pipe is sooooooooooooo hard to get to, its a real nightmare and I could JUST get something as big as a HEPvo into it as there is bugger all room for me to even get me hands in!

havent seen that before gas man, same principal I suppose? Self sealing system inside?

yes,it has a flap that opens when water flows trough it should solve your problem if you can fit it to the shower waste

Obviously it's badly installed and likely not to regs of any sort .. my advice .. do it properly or leave it alone .. once you touch it it's Yours!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back Flow Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock