Search the forum,

Discuss back boiler to combi job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

macc87

Started a job today in a flat, had an old back boiler with gas fire and indirect hot water cylinder, y plan syetm with motorised valve pump etc usual but also air separator with hot draw off and ch flow into it.

I have stripped out all the old back boiler and cylinder and capped gas and stripped out pump and piped flow/return, installed a combi in the kitchen and tee'd into flow return, hot n cold in kitchen. But I have not seen the cold feed for the heating anywhere? I've not been in the loft yet as couldn;t get access today, and its a block of flats.

Any ideas, the back boiler was in a fireplace, flow and return went to cupboard in bedroom right through the wall with the cylinder, pump, air seperator and motorised valve in it.

Could it be a primatic cylinder?

Were the flow and return connections quite close to the top and bottom?

the return was close to the bottom as normal and the flow was about 3/4 way up the cylinder, it also had a secondary return.

thinking about it primatic cylinder sounds right, i never seen an cold feed anywhere while stripping out back boiler and no cold feed coming down from loft anywhere (except for hwc)

Will be back at the job monday and into the loft and see whats what!

maybe primatic or the cold feed has blocked at some time in the past and has been teed in directly to the vent in loft or somewhere

nice one ten posts.. does that mean my posts wont take ages to show now?

Yep it was a hydro spartan primatic system, don't encounter them much round my way. Anyway nice new combi now working away in the kitchen, still need to go back tomorrow at some point as the fancy towel rail the cust has ordered isn't in yet. Good bit of copper stripped out from this job :teeth_smile:

I took 2 cylinders and 4 rubble sacks of copper to the scrappys, got less than ÂŁ300, is scrap copper that low or is my scrappy having a laugh

hey macc87 give croppie or other mod your credentials and get in the private forum

I took 2 cylinders and 4 rubble sacks of copper to the scrappys, got less than ÂŁ300, is scrap copper that low or is my scrappy having a laugh

It's dropped a lot over the last few weeks mate. Hold on to it until the new year.

just need to figure it out from the weights etc, just seems low thats all, the scrappy is a miserable ****

when you get to 150, we will advice you:)
PM your details to one of the MODS, and they'll sort you out. Don't tell croppie I told you that

Im confused? Has it really changed to 150? What details do I need to send in?

just send a Private Message to gas man, saying you want to join the special club and he will tell you what he needs to let you in. I hope you have saved some money to buy all the members some drinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to back boiler to combi job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock